- Hold your wristwatch in front of you like a compass.
- Point the hour hand at the sun. You can use the shadow of a stick to help
you line up the hour hand.
- Make a line between the hour hand and the 12 o'clock mark to get your
- North is heading away from the sun.
- Find out what time it is (or if you have no watch make your best guess)
- Draw a big circle in the dirt with a stick.
- From the center of the circle, draw a line straight towards the sun, this is
your hour hand.
- Now, draw a line were 12 o'clock position would be in relation to the hour
- Draw a line between these two lines and you have your North-South line.